October is National Dental Hygiene Month, so how can you maintain healthy teeth? We’ve put together ten tips for healthy teeth that can help you keep good oral hygiene and keep the cavities away!
Ten Tips for Healthy Teeth
- Have the proper brushing technique.
- Place your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to the gums.
- Gently move the brush back and forth in short (tooth-wide) strokes.
- Brush the outer surfaces, the inner surfaces, and the chewing surfaces of the teeth.
- To clean the inside surfaces of the front teeth, tilt the brush vertically and make several up-and-down strokes.
- Brush your tongue to remove bacteria and keep your breath fresh.
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day
- Floss daily
- Limit sugary foods
- Limit acidic drinks like soft drinks, cordials, and fruit juice
Remember to see your dentist for regular check-ups and let them know if you’re having any pain or discomfort. Be honest with your dentist about how you are taking care of your teeth and other health concerns you may have.