MainStreet Family Care provides COVID-19 testing at all of our clinics in Alabama and Georgia. We are open 7 days a week to address any issues and symptoms you are experiencing.
We offer three types of COVID-19 tests.
- Viral Testing. This viral test will tell you if you currently are infected with COVID-19. This test uses a swab. We take a specimen and we send that specimen out to LabCorp for testing.
- Rapid Antigen Test. We currently offer a rapid swab test that we process in-house and tell you your results before you leave the clinic.
- Antibody Test. The other test we offer is an antibody test. This will tell you if you had COVID-19 in the past. This begins with a blood-draw that we take and send off to LabCorp for testing.
All patients are eligible for both the viral test, the rapid test, and the antibody blood test to detect COVID-19.
If you think you might have COVID-19 or you have been exposed to someone who has COVID-19, please pre-register online before you visit the clinic to be tested. Copays will be waived for patients in need of COVID-19 testing.
If you are a patient that would like to be tested for antibodies, we utilize the same intake process. Please learn more about our intake process before coming to the clinic. We do not accept appointments for COVID-19 patients. COVID-19 patients may, however, pre-register using our online registration system. Learn more about each type of test by following one of the links below.
MainStreet offers three Coronavirus tests. Two tests to see if you are currently infected with the COVID-19 virus and another test to see if you had an infection in the past and have developed antibodies to fight it.
- LEARN more about the test for a current COVID-19 viral Infection here.
- LEARN more about the test for a past COVID-19 infection here.
- FIND a MainStreet Family Care testing location near you by visiting here.
If You Want to Get COVID-19 Viral Testing
MainStreet and KidsStreet clinics are currently experiencing significant wait times for a COVID-19 viral (swab) test. A limited number of tests will be given daily. There will be no copay for patients who need COVID-19 testing. COVID-19 patients can pre-register online here. You can learn more about the cost of testing for patients with or without insurance here.
If You Want to Get COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Testing
MainStreet and KidsStreet clinics are currently experiencing significant wait times for a COVID-19 rapid antigen test. A limited number of tests will be given daily. There will be no copay for patients who need COVID-19 testing. COVID-19 patients can pre-register online here. You can learn more about the cost of testing for patients with or without insurance here.
If You Want to Get COVID-19 Antibody Testing
MainStreet and KidsStreet clinics are currently experiencing significant wait times for a COVID-19 antibody (blood-draw) test. Anyone can take this test. There will be no copay for patients who come in for this test. Click here to learn more.
If You’ve Had Contact with Someone Who has COVID-19
If you’ve had contact with someone who was diagnosed with COVID-19 and would like to be tested, please learn more about our intake process before coming to the clinic.
People at a Higher Risk of Getting Very Sick from COVID-19
Data shows that some people are at higher risk of getting very sick from this illness. This includes the following:
- Older adults
- People who have serious chronic medical conditions like:
- Heart disease
- Lung disease
If you are at higher risk for serious illness from COVID-19 because of your age or because you have a serious long-term health problem, it is extremely important for you to take action to reduce your risk of getting sick with the disease. The following are precautions to take if you are at higher risk of getting very sick from COVID-19:
- Stock up on supplies.
- Take everyday precautions to keep space between yourself and others.
- When you go out in public, keep away from others who are sick, limit close contact, and wash your hands often.
- Avoid crowds as much as possible.
- Avoid cruise travel and non-essential air travel.
- Most importantly, during a COVID-19 outbreak in your community, stay home as much as possible to further reduce your risk of being exposed.
How Long Does it Take to Get Test Results?
With the COVID-19 rapid antigen test, results can be processed in less than 20 minutes, and you will know your results before you leave the clinic.
Results for the viral test are typically available in 3-7 days. If you are given a test, you will be notified of your test results as soon as they become available. A clinic staff member will contact you with your results.