This page is about Coronavirus viral testing. This type of testing is to see if you currently have COVID-19. Information on this page is subject to change. Please check back here regularly for up-to-date information on your local MainStreet Family Care clinic.
Get Coronavirus (COVID-19) Testing at MainStreet
MainStreet Family Care is now testing at all our clinics throughout Alabama and Georgia. We are open 7 days a week to address any issues and symptoms you are experiencing. Please click here to learn more about our intake process before coming to the clinic. We are currently waiving copays for all patients in need of COVID-19 testing.
We offer three types of Coronavirus tests. A viral swab test that will tell you if you currently have COVID-19, a rapid antigen test that will tell you if you currently have COVID-19, and an antibody test that will tell you if you had COVID-19 in the past (antibody blood test). The information below is specifically about the COVID-19 viral test. You can learn more about COVID-19 antibody testing here.
Does MainStreet offer testing for COVID-19?
Yes. We are excited to offer a rapid antigen COVID-19 test that can tell in less than 20 minutes whether or not you are currently infected with the coronavirus. For details and information about this rapid test, check out our COVID-19 Rapid Swab Test Q&A Blog.
We also offer a viral test that will swab and tell you if you are currently infected. This specimen is sent to Labcorp for testing and results are received in 3-5 days.
In addition, we offer a test that will tell you if you COVID-19 (antibody blood test). For more information on the antibody test to see if you HAD COVID-19 click here.
What else do I need to know to prepare for my visit?
- Please expect a significant wait. We are not accepting appointments for COVID patients. Please click here to learn more about our intake process before visiting the clinic.
- We are waiving copays for COVID-19 testing.
- If you come to the clinic for a test, please be sure to wear a mask. Wearing a facemask is the best way to limit any potential spread.
- If you are experiencing symptoms, we will test you for other types of infection first, then we will test for Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- The COVID-19 rapid swab test takes up to 20 minutes to process, and you will have your results before you leave the clinic.
Thank you and stay safe!