Will you be getting the COVID-19 vaccine in Georgia? Georgia MainStreet Family Care clinics are now offering COVID-19 vaccinations. These are currently available at all MainStreet locations. Below is information on the current phase of the vaccine distribution in Georgia.
Who can get a COVID-19 vaccine at this time?
You can get a COVID-19 vaccination at MainStreet and KidsStreet if you are 18 or older and have not had COVID-19 in the last 90 days. While state eligibility does extend to those who are 16 and older, the vaccines offered at MainStreet are only authorized for those 18 and older.
You can read more about eligibility at these links:
- Georgia: https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-19-vaccine-rollout-plan
- CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/recommendations.html
How do I get the COVID-19 vaccination if I meet the criteria?
Register online at a MainStreet clinic to get your Covid-19 vaccination that day. Please register online first to make sure there is space available. You can register online at any of our clinics here. Registration opens each day 30 minutes before the clinic opens. After beginning your online registration, please select Initial COVID Vaccination as the reason for your visit.
If the clinic you are seeking to obtain your vaccination has reached its limit of the day you will be provided a link that will list any of our other clinics that still have available vaccination spots that day. If no clinics still have vaccination availability, or you need to go to that clinic, please try again the next day, right at 30 minutes before the clinic opens.
Can I make an appointment for the COVID-19 vaccination if I meet the criteria?
We do not accept appointments, but we do have same-day online registration which opens 30 minutes prior to the clinic opening. In order to help you the best we can, please note the tips listed below to help you plan for your vaccination visit.
- We are open late, 7 days a week. You can find the hours for a clinic nearest you on our locations page.
- Please anticipate a wait. You can register online and wait from home.
- Online registration calculates estimated wait times. After you receive a text signaling for you to head to the clinic, there will likely be an additional wait time.
- We ask that you register online at a MainStreet clinic to get your Covid-19 vaccination. Once you’ve pre-registered, we can confirm that space is available to administer your vaccine.
- You can register online at any of our clinics by clicking here. Please select Initial COVID Vaccination as the reason for your visit.
What vaccination do we offer?
MainStreet clinics in Georgia currently offer the Moderna COVID-19 vaccination. This COVID-19 vaccination requires two doses. In other words, you will need to return to the clinic 28 days later to receive a second dose. For more information regarding the Moderna vaccine, please see this FDA Fact Sheet.
How much does the COVID-19 vaccine cost?
The government pays for the vaccination itself. The administration of the vaccination, office visit, and supplies are billed to your insurance company. Subsequently, this may require you to pay some or all of that portion of the treatment. However, if you are uninsured, you may qualify for the uninsured insurance program and that program covers all costs.
What are the side effects?
How effective is the vaccine?
Can I get the vaccine if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
The COVID-19 vaccine is available to pregnant or breastfeeding mothers who meet the above criteria. However, the vaccine has not been tested in pregnant women so there is no safety data pertaining to use in pregnancy. You can read more from The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and The Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine.